Editor: position currently vacant
Manuscript Guidelines for Publication
- The Canadian Journal of Neuroscience Nursing (CJNN) is a peer-reviewed journal.
- APA formatting is to be used for both the body of the paper and the references. Please refer to: American Psychological Association (2009). Publication manual of the American Psychological Association (6th ed.). Washington, DC: American Psychological Association.
- Papers must be word processed and submitted in Word format. A hard copy and disk may be sent by mail (Canadian Journal of Neuroscience Nursing c/o CANN P.O. Box 47143 Creekside, Calgary AB, T3P 0A0) or the paper may be submitted by e-mail attachment toCJNN.
- Two peer reviewers review all papers received for content, data accuracy, and scholarly writing. The Editor appraises the paper for formatting, style, grammatical accuracy, and appropriateness for publication in CJNN. This process usually takes 4–8 weeks. Papers may be: a) accepted as submitted, b) returned for revisions, or c) rejected and returned with feedback.
- Manuscript guidelines:
- Maximum length is 6000 words or 20 pages
- Margins 1", double spaced, Times New Roman, 12 pt font size
- Title page with full title, name, and institutional affiliation
- Abstract of less than 200 words
- Left justified, paragraphs indented 5 spaces
- Headings typically include: Introduction; Review of the literature (conceptual and data based); Research question/Objectives/Hypotheses/Clinical concern; Methodology and method; Analysis/Findings; Discussion including specific clinical implications/recommendations; Summary/Conclusions; and References. (Please note, not all of these headings are needed or may apply to all papers).
- Abbreviations should always be preceded by the full term. An example would be Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI).
- Drugs are cited using the generic name in lowercase letters and brand names in parentheses.
For additional information contact: CJNN
If you have a question/comment on the web page or a general CANN inquiry please use the contact-us form