Membership year is May 1 to April 30th
New membership costs $85 CDN
New members who join between February 15th and April 30th will be enrolled for the full upcoming membership year.
Annual renewal costs $75 CDN
Associate membership $65 CDN
CANN/ACIISN is aprofessional interest group with representation on the advisory council of the Canadian Nurses Association. CANN/ACIISN is affiliated with the Canadian Congress of Neurological Sciences and a society member of the World Federation of Neuroscience Nurses.
A GENERAL member is a nurse who is licensed to practise in Canada and is working in or affiliated with neurological and/or neurosurgical nursing.
An ASSOCIATE member is a nurse living in other country, a student enrolled in a basic education program, an individual practising in a related discipline in the neurosciences and a “non-practicing nurse” having an interest in the field of neuroscience nursing. They are non-voting members of the Association and may not hold office.
Being a CANN member provides many benefits including:
- Subscription to our national peer reviewed journal, the Canadian Journal of Neuroscience Nursing (CJNN), published online three times a year
- Mentorship opportunities for writing a paper for publication
- Regional chapter membership
- Continuing education opportunities
- Increased visibility as a speaker at local or national meetings
- Networking possibilities
- Access to bursaries and awards
- Exposure to timely neuro research
- Opportunity for personal and professional growth
- Travel opportunities by attending annual meetings
- Information regarding career opportunities
For additional information and inquiries: email Membership