Guidelines for the Codman Award (Not available in 2016)
The Codman Award will be presented to the author or authors of a written paper, which demonstrates the achievement of excellence in the area of neuroscience nursing research. It is expected that the money will be used for professional development.
- At least one of the author(s) is a general/honorary member of the Canadian Association of Neuroscience Nurses (CANN) and was a general/honorary member in the preceding year;
- The author(s) stipulates in writing the intention to seek the award by the call for abstracts deadline; the deadline is November 1st of each year.
- The author(s) is prepared to present the paper at the CANN Annual Meeting;
- The paper contains original work by the author(s);
- The paper may be an adaptation from a previous work by author(s); this must be stated;
- The award may not be presented to the same author(s) two consecutive years.
- The paper is written according to the manuscript guidelines for publication
- The author(s) presents a logical development of ideas based on scientific evidence;
- The author(s) demonstrate creativity and originality;
- The paper has implications for neuroscience nursing practice, education, administration or research;
- The paper is relevant to current trends in neuroscience nursing;
- Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of the topic.
- The paper is written according to the manuscript guidelines for publication as established by the Canadian Journal of Neuroscience Nursing
- The paper is selected by the Scientific Program Committee through consultation with the scientific liaison and editor of CJNN;
- The Scientific Program Committee reserves the right to withhold the award if no paper meets the specifications;
- The Scientific Program Committee must receive papers for consideration by Feb 15.
- A representative of the Codman Company at the Annual Meeting presents the award.
- The completed paper must be submitted to the editor of CJNN, or designee (e.g. Peer reviewer) at the Annual Meeting for publication;
- The monetary portion of the award will be withheld until publication in CJNN.
For more information or to submit your intention to apply email theScientific Chairperson