Empowering nurses to provide the highest neuroscience nursing care to all Canadians. The Canadian Association of Neuroscience Nurses (CANN) sets standards of practice and promotes continuing professional education and research. Members collaborate with individuals, families, interdisciplinary teams and communities to prevent illness and to improve health outcomes for people with, or at risk for, neurological disorders.
13 Local Chapters
Neuroscience Nurses from across Canada and internationally are linked to their local chapter for education, and professional networking.
1969-2019 we celebrated the Association’s Golden Anniversary.
We have General, Associate, and Honorary Members
Stay up to date on news and announcements about CANN.
CANN is a national association that sets standards of practice and promotes continuing professional education and research for neuroscience nursing. As a CANN member, you will enjoy many benefits, such as:
- Access to clinical resources and online education opportunities
- Eligibility to apply for awards and bursaries
- Discounted registration fee for our annual meeting
- Networking opportunities with other neuroscience nurses
- Support for your neuroscience nursing certification
- Significant reduced membership rate with the Canadian Neurological Sciences Federation
CANN offers a variety of clinical resources for neuroscience nurses. These resources help nurses improve their practice and stay updated on the latest developments in neuroscience nursing.